Basil and Roasted Pepper Pasta
- 1 lb package vegetable cork screw pasta
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15oz) can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10oz) jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs capers, drained
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drop the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- Combine the scallions and 1/3 of water in a sauce pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, roasted peppers, basil, capers and pepper and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Drain the pasta and place in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and combine well.