Brandy Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (20oz) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan. Add the brown sugar, brandy, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cook over high heat for 4 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to a syrup.
- Add the sweet potatoes. Cook until the sweet potatoes are glazed.
- Pour into a 3 qt casserole, reserving 1/4 cup of the syrup.
- Arrange the pineapple over the top.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Pour the reserved syrup over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.