Broccoli and Cheese Soup
|1/2 cup butter|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|4 cans chicken broth|
|2 broth cans of water|
|4cups fresh broccoli, chopped|
|1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed|
|2 cups half and half|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 package angel hair pasta|
|garlic salt to taste|
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot. Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Add the broccoli.
- Combine the cheese and half and half in a microwave save dish and microwave until cheese has melted.
- Stir to blend well. Add the cheese mixture and pasta to the stockpot. Season with garlic salt.
- Cook over low heat until the soup thickens.
- Pasta will disintegrate.