Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 2 broth cans of water
- 4cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- garlic salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot. Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Add the broccoli.
- Combine the cheese and half and half in a microwave save dish and microwave until cheese has melted.
- Stir to blend well. Add the cheese mixture and pasta to the stockpot. Season with garlic salt.
- Cook over low heat until the soup thickens.
- Pasta will disintegrate.