Broiled Oysters with Parmesan Garlic Breadcrumbs
|1 dozen oysters in the shell|
|1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|1 clove garlic, pressed|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
- Open the oysters, and reserve them in the half shell.
- In a saute pan melt the butter using medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix completely. Remove from heat. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Place some of the bread crumb mixture over each oyster and place the oysters on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Note; This recipe works best with fresh bread crumbs. Remove the crusts from plain white bread and add the slices to a food processor. Process until a course crumb has been formed.