Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 lb of fresh brussels sprouts
- 3/4 lb bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and add to a large saute pan (with a cover)
- Cook the bacon until almost crispy. Drain the fat.
- Slice the brussels sprout thinly in a food processor or sharp knife.
- Add the sprouts to the saute pan along with the bacon, onions and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Toss the mixture until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook for about 3 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Stir and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.