Butter Braised Radishes
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|4-5 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch dice, green tops removed|
|1 lb of radishes, trimmed|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|pinch of sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
- In a pan large enough to hold the radishes without crowding, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Allow it to begin to brown, but not burn.
- Add the diced onion and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook stirring for about 3 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the radishes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sugar and water, stirring to combine.
- Increase the heat to high a bring just to a boil, the cover and reduce heat. to low.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Uncover and increase the heat to high and bring back to a boil. Cook for about 4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.