Butter Braised Radishes
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 4-5 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch dice, green tops removed
- 1 lb of radishes, trimmed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a pan large enough to hold the radishes without crowding, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Allow it to begin to brown, but not burn.
- Add the diced onion and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook stirring for about 3 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the radishes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sugar and water, stirring to combine.
- Increase the heat to high a bring just to a boil, the cover and reduce heat. to low.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Uncover and increase the heat to high and bring back to a boil. Cook for about 4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.