Candied Sweet Potatoes
|6 to 8 medium sweet potatoes|
|1 and 1/2 cups of sugar|
|3/4 cups butter|
|3/4 cups water|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup corn syrup|
|juice of 1 lemon|
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water to cover in a sauce pan until just tender.
- Peel and cut into slices. Place in a casserole dish.
- Bring the sugar, butter, water and salt to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add the corn syrup.
- Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.