Chicken Pot Roast
|5 to 6 lb chicken, cut into legs, thighs. breasts and wings|
|Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cups diced Napa cabbage|
|1 and 1/2 cups diced carrots|
|1 and 1/2 cups diced onions|
|1 ant 1/2 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes|
|8 cups chicken stock|
|1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped|
This is a light alternative to beef pot roast which is seasoned perfectly with fresh herbs.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and discard the oil.
- Return the chicken thighs and legs to the pan along with the diced vegetables and chicken stock.
- Over medium high heat, bring the stock to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken breasts and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- To serve, using a slotted spoon and remove the chicken and vegetables from the stock.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Drizzle some of the stock over the platter.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.