Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 and 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 5 tbs baking cocoa, sifted
- 1 to 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- Cream the butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar, and mix well.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add the flour and vanilla.
- Add the baking cocoa and milk alternately to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a tube pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours.