|2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 lemon thinly sliced|
|1 red onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup pitted black olives|
|2 tbs chopped pimento|
|1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1 tbs wine vinegar|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 tbs dry mustard|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
- Add enough water to a large pan. Bring to a boil
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, drain immediately.
- Combine the shrimp, lemon slices, onion, olives and pimentos in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Stir the mixture into the shrimp. Gently mix well.
- Chill covered overnight, stirring once or twice.
- To serve, spoon onto small plates or provide cocktail picks for spearing.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.