|1 lb ground chuck|
|1 lb pork sausage|
|1 onion chopped|
|3 ribs celery, chopped|
|1/2 green pepper, chopped finely|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|3 cups rice, cooked|
- Combine the ground beef, sausage, onion, celery, green pepper, salt and pepper in a large saute pan.
- Cook until the ground beef and sausage are brown and crumbly, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add the pepper flakes and enough water to make a soupy consistency.
- Add the rice and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. If necessary add more water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.