- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped finely
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Combine the ground beef, sausage, onion, celery, green pepper, salt and pepper in a large saute pan.
- Cook until the ground beef and sausage are brown and crumbly, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add the pepper flakes and enough water to make a soupy consistency.
- Add the rice and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. If necessary add more water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.