Easy Onion Rings
|2 large Spanish onions|
|l large can of evaporated milk|
|1 and 1/2 cups corn meal|
|Salt to taste|
|oil for frying|
- Cut onions into 1 inch rings.
- Add the evaporated milk to a large bowl and add the onion rings. Let soak for several minutes.
- In a large bowl add the onion rings one at a time and dredge until they are well covered with corn meal.
- Place the onions on a baking sheet and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer, fill half way with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry the onion rings in batches until they are golden and crispy.
- Season with salt as soon as they come out of the fryer.