Fudge Cherry Cake with Chocolate Frosting
|1 (2 layer) package fudge cake mix|
|1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling|
|1 tsp almond extract|
|2 eggs beaten|
|5 tbs butter, softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup milk|
|1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips|
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Combine the cake mix, pie filling, almond extract, and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- To make the frosting, bring the butter, sugar and milk to a boil in a sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Beat until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting over.