Italian Submarine Hogie
|2 (12 inch) submarine rolls|
|1 large tomato, cut into 10 slices|
|1/2 lb mortadella|
|1/2 lb salami|
|1/2 lb cappicola|
|1/2 lb prosciutto|
|1/2 lb provolone cheese|
|1 onion sliced thinly|
|8 peperoncini, stems removed|
|2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce|
|1 tbs of whole oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
- To a bowl add the vinegar and while whisking drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add 1 tbs of oregano along with salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut each sub roll in half almost all the way and open like a book
- Add 1/4 lb of each meat to each sub roll.
- Add 1/4 lb of provolone to each sandwich.
- Add 5 thin slices of tomato to each sandwich.
- Add about 1 cup of the shredded lettuce to each sandwich.
- Whisk the dressing again and add to each sandwich.
- Add 5 peperoncini evenly over each sandwich.
- Close the sandwich, cut in half and serve.