Japanese Sashimi Salad with Wasabi
|1 lb of fresh thick turbot or other flaky white fish, skinned filet|
|11 oz of mixed salad leaves|
|8 radishes, thinly sliced|
|1 oz arugula leaves|
|2 oz cucumber, chopped|
|6 tsp rice vinegar|
|5 tsp olive oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tbs wasabi paste|
- For the dressing, roughly tear the argula and mix with the cucumber and vinegar in a food processor.
- Pour into a bowl and add the olive oil, salt.
- Taste for seasoning, then chill.
- Prepare a bowl of ice cold water.
- Cut the fish in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch slices crosswise.
- Plunge the fish into the ice cold water as you slice.
- After 2 minutes or so, the fish slices will start to curl and become firm. Take out with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the fish with the salad leaves, and radishes.
- Mix the wasabi into the dressing, and add to the salad, toss gently.