Maine Lobster Roll
|1 (2 lb) lobster|
|4 hot dog rolls|
|1 stick butter|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup celery, finely diced|
|juice of 1 lemon|
- Bring water in a large stock pot to a boil. (about half full)
- Add about 1/4 cup of kosher salt.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter.
- Add the lobster and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until bright red.
- Once the lobster is cooked, remove from the water and allow to cool.
- Remove all the meat from the lobster claws and tail, and knuckles, chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Squeeze lemon juice over lobster meat.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and set aside.
- Add the lobster meat to a large bowl, add the mayonnaise and celery. Gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.
- In a large saute pan add a little butter and toast the hot dog rolls on both outsides.
- Fill each roll with some of the lobster mixture to each roll.
- Optional; you may add some butter lettuce leaves to each roll if desired.