Red Beans and Rice
|1 lb of dry red beans, soaked overnight|
|1 smoked ham hock|
|2 medium yellow onions, chopped|
|3 stalks of celery, chopped|
|1 tbs Italian parsley, chopped|
|1/2 green pepper, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 large cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/2 lb of butter|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbs Tabasco sauce|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
|2 cups jasmine rice|
- Soak beans overnight. Drain.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- To a large sauce pan or stock using high heat add all of the other ingredients.
- Once beans come to a boil reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and test for doneness.
- If beans are not quite done, cook for another 30 minutes.
- To serve add rice to bowls and ladle beans over.