Roasted Corn and Lobster Johnny Cakes
|3 cups johnnycake meal|
|2 and 2/3 cups of milk|
|1 cup roasted corn (recipe follows)|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 and 1/2 lbs of cooked lobster meat, cut into bite sized pieces|
|1 tbs butter|
|4 ears fresh corn on the cob|
|1/4 cup melted butter|
|salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Optional garnishes, fresh chives, creme fraiche|
- Combine the johnny cake meal, milk, eggs, roasted corn kernels, salt and baking powder. Mix Well.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto a hot, lightly oiled, non stick cooking pan.
- As the johnny cakes brown, turn them over.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
- Saute the lobster meat in butter and set aside.
- For the roasted corn preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Husk the corn, and place the ears on a baking sheet.
- Brush the corn with melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven, turning the ears every 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the corn from the oven, and allow to cool.
- With a sharp knife strip the kernels of each cob.
- Alternatively you may roast the corn over hot charcoal.
- To serve place 3 warm johnny cakes on each plate.
- Top with the sauteed lobster meat, and garnish as desired.