|1/2 loaf of white bread|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|6 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|2 tbs crushed sage|
|4 tsp each poultry seasoning, salt and pepper|
|1 (10 oz) can of chicken stock|
This is a multi-purpose stuffing that can be used to stuff poultry, beef, pork or fish.
- Add the bread to a food processor and process into coarse crumbs.
- Combine the celery, onion and butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook covered until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bread crumbs, walnuts, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Add enough chicken stock gradually to make the stuffing moist enough to shape in to a ball.
- Taste for seasoning and if necessary add more salt and pepper.
- Recipe may be doubled.
- You may substitute vegetable stock if desired.