Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cups longhorn cheese
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cups half and half
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Trim the crusts from the bread. Spread the butter over the bread slices.
- Place in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Spoon the sausage over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
- Combine the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the cheese.
- Chill covered overnight.
- Let stand 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.