Smoked Trout Dip
|2 smoked trout, meat removed from the bone|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup cream cheese, softened|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|2 tsp onion powder|
|1/2 cup celery|
|2 tbs fresh parsley|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Remove the skin and flesh from the trout. Try to keep the chunks as large as possible. About 1 inch pieces.
- To the bowl of a food processor add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion powder, celery, parsley and lemon juice.
- Process until smooth. Taste for seasoning, then add salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and add to a large bowl.
- Add the chunks of trout and gently mix well, trying not to break up the trout too much.
- Serve with crackers.