Smoked Turkey Sandwich with Roasted Garlic Salsa
|2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced|
|1/2 English cucumber, sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh basil|
|2 tbs chopped scallions|
|1 tbs chopped Italian parsley|
|1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 tbs chopped roasted garlic|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs wine vinegar|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|4 whole grain rolls or 8 slices of whole grain bread|
|1 head radicchio, washed and drained|
|1 lb smoked turkey breast, sliced|
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, scallions, parsley, thyme, roasted garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Gently toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the rolls or bread.
- On the bottom half place a leaf of radicchio, then 1/2 lb of turkey.
- Top with the herb salsa.
- Cover with the top half of the roll or bread.
- Slice in half and serve.