Smoked Turkey Sandwich with Roasted Garlic Salsa
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbs chopped scallions
- 1 tbs chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbs chopped roasted garlic
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 whole grain rolls or 8 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 head radicchio, washed and drained
- 1 lb smoked turkey breast, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, scallions, parsley, thyme, roasted garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Gently toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the rolls or bread.
- On the bottom half place a leaf of radicchio, then 1/2 lb of turkey.
- Top with the herb salsa.
- Cover with the top half of the roll or bread.
- Slice in half and serve.