Spicy Cheese Grits
|3 and 1/2 cups milk|
|1 cup grits|
|1/2 cup butter|
|6 oz of pepper jack cheese, grated|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
- Bring 3 and 1/2 cups of milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the grits gradually. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and jack cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the eggs and 1/2 cup of milk. Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees fir 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes longer.