Spicy Chinese Hot Wings
|3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|2 tbs hoisin sauce|
|2 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|4 lbs chicken wings, split and wing tips removed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/4 cup tomato paste|
|Oil for deep frying|
- Wash and dry chicken wings.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/2 full.
- Meanwhile in another sauce pan add the brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, water and white pepper.
- Using medium heat combine the sauce well, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, fry the wings in batches until golden brown and crispy.
About 6 to 10 minutes.
- As you remove the wings from the oil drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wings to a large bowl and pour the sauce over. Toss until wings are well coated.