Spicy Chinese Hot Wings
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 lbs chicken wings, split and wing tips removed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and dry chicken wings.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/2 full.
- Meanwhile in another sauce pan add the brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, water and white pepper.
- Using medium heat combine the sauce well, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, fry the wings in batches until golden brown and crispy.
About 6 to 10 minutes.
- As you remove the wings from the oil drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wings to a large bowl and pour the sauce over. Toss until wings are well coated.