Squid in Marinara Sauce
|16 oz of pre-prepared marinara sauce.|
|1/4 cup red wine|
|1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped|
|2 (1 inch) pieces lemon peel|
|2 lbs of squid, cleaned and cut into rings|
- Add the marinara sauce to a large sauce pan.
- Add the red wine, parsley and lemon peel.
- Bring up to a soft boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Clean and cut the squid into rings.
- Add the squid to the marinara sauce and turn of heat.
- Leave squid in pan for 3 minutes, any longer and the squid will get tough.
- After 3 minutes transfer the squid and sauce to a serving bowl.