Squid in Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz of pre-prepared marinara sauce.
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 (1 inch) pieces lemon peel
- 2 lbs of squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- Add the marinara sauce to a large sauce pan.
- Add the red wine, parsley and lemon peel.
- Bring up to a soft boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Clean and cut the squid into rings.
- Add the squid to the marinara sauce and turn of heat.
- Leave squid in pan for 3 minutes, any longer and the squid will get tough.
- After 3 minutes transfer the squid and sauce to a serving bowl.