Tender Yeast Rolls
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups scalded milk
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 and 1/2 cups flour
- melted butter
- Mix the sugar, salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the milk. Set aside to cool to lukewarm. Add to the eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture.
- Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Work in the remaining flour.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl. Chill covered, overnight.
- Roll out on a floured surface. Cut with a biscuit cutter and spread with butter.
- Fold the rolls in half. Place in a nonstick baking pan. Let rise for 3 hours.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown.
- Rolls may be frozen for later use.