Savory Venison Stew
|2 lbs cubed venison|
|1/4 cup kitchen boquet|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 can of tomatoes with green chilies (if you can't find combined, buy separately)|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|8 cups beef or chicken stock|
|6 carrots, peeled and sliced|
|4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|1 cup dry red wine|
|flour or cornstarch|
- Combine the venison, kitchen Boquet, onion, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, pepper, water and beef stock in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil the reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Add a little cornstarch to a small bowl, add water and make a slurry.
- Turn up the heat and add the slurry while stirring.
- Once stew has thickened lower heat and serve.