Chicken Noodle Casserole
|3 whole chicken breasts, split into halves|
|1 cup chopped onions|
|1 cup chopped green pepper|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|8 ozs Velveeta cheese, cubed|
|1 (10oz) can of cream of mushroom soup|
|1 (4oz) can of mushrooms, drained|
|2 (5oz) package of egg noodles|
|1 cup of cheese cracker crumbs|
|1/4 cup butter|
- Rinse the chicken. cook in water to cover in a large sauce pan until tender. Drain and reserve the stock.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding the skin and bones.
- Saute the onions, green pepper and celery in a non stick skillet.
- Add the cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
- Add the soup and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the chicken and noodles and mix gently.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Pour the reserved stock over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.