Fennel Coleslaw with Buttermilk Dressing
|1 small head of green cabbage, sliced thinly|
|1 large fennel bulb, sliced thinly|
|1 medium carrot peeled and grated|
|1 large red bell pepper, seeded and minced|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, minced|
|1 tbs apple cider vinegar|
|3 tbs apple juice|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp celery seed|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2/3 cup buttermilk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. Toss to blend.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar and mustard, toss to mix.
- In a small bowl combine the spices with apple juice. Whisk to blend. Stir into the cabbage mixture.
- Add the fennel and buttermilk and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.