Honey Apple Pie
|Pastry for a 9 inch pie crust, fresh or frozen|
|5 cups peeled, cored and thinly sliced tart apples|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tbs uncooked tapioca|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare the pie pastry. Line the pie pan with the dough. Trim and crimp edges. If using a frozen crust, thaw.
- You may alternatively us pre made frozen pie shells.
- Combine the apples with the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and salt.
- Arrange the apples in the crust and dot with butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Cover with an inverted lightweight pie pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 15 minutes more or until the apples are tender.
- Remove the pie from the oven.
- Mix the honey with the cream.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the hot pie and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Serve warm.