Indian Corn and Potato Fritters
- 2 large potatoes
- (8oz) can of corn kernels, drained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbs oil
- 2/3 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsps sweet chili sauce
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Drain on paper towels and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- combine in a bowl with the corn, eggs, scallions, bread crumbs and garam masala. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Cook heaped tbs of the mixture over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.