Indian Corn and Potato Fritters
|2 large potatoes|
|(8oz) can of corn kernels, drained|
|4 eggs, lightly beaten|
|6 scallions, chopped|
|1/2 cup dry bread crumbs|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|3 tbs oil|
|2/3 cups plain yogurt|
|2 tbs chopped fresh mint leaves|
|2 tsps sweet chili sauce|
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Drain on paper towels and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- combine in a bowl with the corn, eggs, scallions, bread crumbs and garam masala. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Cook heaped tbs of the mixture over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.