Leek and Potato Salad with Truffle Oil
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of new potatoes
- 1 lb of young leeks
- 4 tbs flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs truffle oil
The use of truffle oil in this savory salad makes it a flavor explosion.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Trim the leeks and slice into 1 inch chunks. Wash thoroughly and cook in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Place the parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, slice thickly and add to the dressing while still warm, so they absorb all of the flavors.
- Drain the leeks thoroughly and add to the potatoes.
- Gently mix well, taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, spoon the salad onto serving plates and drizzle with truffle oil.