Leek and Potato Salad with Truffle Oil
|1 and 1/2 lbs of new potatoes|
|1 lb of young leeks|
|4 tbs flat leaf parsley|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs truffle oil|
The use of truffle oil in this savory salad makes it a flavor explosion.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Trim the leeks and slice into 1 inch chunks. Wash thoroughly and cook in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Place the parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, slice thickly and add to the dressing while still warm, so they absorb all of the flavors.
- Drain the leeks thoroughly and add to the potatoes.
- Gently mix well, taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, spoon the salad onto serving plates and drizzle with truffle oil.