|Pastry for a 9 inch pie crust, fresh or frozen|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 large egg|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/8 tsp nutmeg|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp lemon grated lemon zest|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the pie pastry, if frozen, thaw.
- Trim and crimp the edges if using fresh.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Turn the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until the center of the pie is set.