Meatballs with Ricotta Cheese
|1 lb of ground chuck|
|1 lb of sweet Italian sausage, removed from casing|
|1/2 cup chopped onions|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/2 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs|
|3/4 cup ricotta cheese|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|1 tbs dry oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and combine thoroughly with your hands.
- If the mixture is too loose add more bread crumbs.
- Form mixture into golf ball sized meat balls and place them on a aluminum foil covered sheet or alternatively place them in a mini muffin tin pan. This will keep meat balls perfectly round and help them to cook evenly.
- Cover the meat balls and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake meatballs for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add to marinara sauce if desired.