New Orleans Fried Soft Shell Crabs
|6 soft shell crabs, cleaned|
|1 cup evaporated milk|
|2 cups corn flour|
|oil for deep frying|
This is a recipe that is adapted from the famous seafood house Casimentos in New Orleans. It has a very few ingredients and is very easy to prepare. Remember that you can eat the whole crab, soft shell and all.
- Have the eyes and gills removed by you seafood monger
- Add the evaporated milk to a large bowl and submerge the crabs, several at a time.
- In another bowl add the corn flour.
- Dredge the crabs in the corn flour and shake off the excess.
- Meanwhile in a large sauce pan or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Place the crabs (legs first) in the hot oil. Fry only 2 at a time to keep the oil from loosing too much heat.
- Fry until golden and crispy.