Pickled Mushrooms and Artichokes
|9 ozs of frozen artichoke hearts|
|1/4 cup wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup apple cider vinegar|
|1/4 cup dry vermouth|
|1/4 cup water|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin seed|
|1/2 tsp curry powder|
|1 tbs minced fresh parsley|
|1 tbs minced dry onion|
|1/2 lb pound fresh small button mushrooms, washed dried, ends trimmed|
|1/2 tsp grated orange zest|
This is a great dish for an antipasto platter.
- Bring saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Add frozen artichokes. Return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Combine vinegars, vermouth, water, lemon juice, garlic, spices, parsley, diced onion in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add artichokes and mushrooms.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, gently pushing the artichokes down in the liquid.
- Transfer to a boil then add orange zest.
- Transfer to a tightly covered jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and serve.