Steamed Clams with Coconut Milk Garlic and Lemon Grass
|3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed|
|1 can of coconut milk|
|1/2 cup dry sherry|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup chopped scallions|
|2 stalks of lemon grass, white parts only, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Add coconut milk and sherry to a large stock pot or sauce pan.
- Add the garlic, lemon grass and ginger and bring almost to a boil
- Add the clams and cover. Cook using medium heat until the clams open. About 4 minutes.
- Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls along with crusty bread and the broth.