Steamed Clams with Coconut Milk Garlic and Lemon Grass
|3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed
|1 can of coconut milk
|1/2 cup dry sherry
|4 cloves garlic, minced
|1/2 cup chopped scallions
|2 stalks of lemon grass, white parts only, chopped
|2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Add coconut milk and sherry to a large stock pot or sauce pan.
- Add the garlic, lemon grass and ginger and bring almost to a boil
- Add the clams and cover. Cook using medium heat until the clams open. About 4 minutes.
- Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls along with crusty bread and the broth.