- 3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, white parts only, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Add coconut milk and sherry to a large stock pot or sauce pan.
- Add the garlic, lemon grass and ginger and bring almost to a boil
- Add the clams and cover. Cook using medium heat until the clams open. About 4 minutes.
- Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls along with crusty bread and the broth.