Tuna Crudo with Citrus Vinaigrette
|1 lb sushi grade tuna (from the loin)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup minced shallots|
|2 tsp capers, drained and chopped|
|1/4 tsp crushed red pepper|
|12 basil leaves, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs of fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive|
This is a delicious Italian version of raw fish, dressed with shallots capers and a citrus vinaigrette.
- Freeze the tuna for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you to slice very thinly.
- Cut the tuna into 1/8 inch thick slices, and press flat with a chef’s knife.
- Transfer slices to an attractive serving platter and arrange artfully in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt pepper, shallots, capers red pepper flakes and basil.
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice and drizzle in the olive. Mix well until dressing is emulsified.
- Spoon over the fish and serve right away.