Tuna Crudo with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna (from the loin)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tsp capers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive
This is a delicious Italian version of raw fish, dressed with shallots capers and a citrus vinaigrette.
- Freeze the tuna for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you to slice very thinly.
- Cut the tuna into 1/8 inch thick slices, and press flat with a chef’s knife.
- Transfer slices to an attractive serving platter and arrange artfully in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt pepper, shallots, capers red pepper flakes and basil.
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice and drizzle in the olive. Mix well until dressing is emulsified.
- Spoon over the fish and serve right away.