|1 cup dry apricots|
|1/2 cup butter|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup light brown sugar, packed|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup pecans or walnuts|
|1/2 cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the apricots. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well, cool and cut into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and flour. Blend together until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the topping. Beat the eggs and add the brown sugar gradually.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold in the nuts and apricots.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Spread the topping over the crust and return to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes more.
- Cool then cut into bars or squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.