Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
|1 4lb top round beef roast|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|3 tbs of your favorite barbecue rub|
|10 whole cloves garlic|
|2 cups cranberry juice|
|16 oz of your favorite barbecue sauce|
|2 tbs of vinegar|
- Rinse the beef roast and pat dry.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the roast with the barbecue rub all over and rub in well.
- Wrap the roast in plastic and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife cut 10 slits in the roast. Place a clove of garlic in each of the slits.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan.
- Pour the cranberry juice over the roast and in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and bake for 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the beef and shred into pieces.
- Mix the barbecue sauce with the vinegar and pan juices and mix with the shredded beef.
- Serve on kaiser rolls.