Chicken Thighs Braised in Red Wine
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb of small button mushrooms
- 1/2 lb of chipolini onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups dry red wine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs olive oil
- In a large saute pan with a lid add the olive oil using medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and brown for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, then add the red wine, onions and mushrooms.
- Simmer partially covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.