Chicken Thighs Braised in Red Wine
|6 boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|1/2 lb of small button mushrooms|
|1/2 lb of chipolini onions|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|3 tsp dried thyme|
|2 cups dry red wine|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs olive oil|
- In a large saute pan with a lid add the olive oil using medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and brown for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, then add the red wine, onions and mushrooms.
- Simmer partially covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.