Chilli Shrimp with Shredded Coconut
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|4 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp ground chili|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|2 tsp finely grated lemon rind|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs honey|
|1 tbs oil|
|1 cup shredded coconut|
- In a large bowl, mix the tomato sauce, garlic, chili, lemon juice, rind, soy sauce and honey.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator covered for 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the shrimp and and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the marinade and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in the coconut and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve on a platter or on individual small plates with a bed to mixed greens