Chinese Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
- 4 oz ground pork
- 4 oz shrimp meat, finely chopped
- 2 oz bamboo shots, chopped
- 3 scallions, minced
- 3 mushrooms, minced
- 1 stick of celery, finely chpped
- 1/2 red hot pepper, minced
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp green chili, chopped
- 50 won ton wrappers
- soy sauce and garlic chili sauce for dipping
- Put the ground pork, shrimp, bamboo shoots, scallion, mushrooms, celeryh, peppers, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the center of each won ton wrapper. Brush the edges with a little water, then gather the wrapper around the filling to form a pouch slightly open at the top.
- Steam in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pan of simmering water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauces.