Citrus Glazed Scallops
|1 and 1/2 lb of large sea scallops|
|4 tbs of canola or peanut oil, divided|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup fresh orange juice|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp grated orange peel|
|butter lettuce leaves|
- Wash scallops, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat 3 tbs of oil in a saute pan using high heat.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops to the hot pan and let cook with moving them for 3 minutes or until they a browned on the bottom. turn them over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Transfer scallops and leave the pan drippings in the pan.
- Add garlic and remaining oil to the pan and stir for 30.
- Add the orange, lemon juice, soy sauce and grated orange peel.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens to a syrup, about 2 minutes.
- Place butter lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates and artfully and evenly place the scallops on top.