No Mayonnaise Potato Salad
|2 lbs of red potatoes, washed skin on|
|1 dill pickle, chopped|
|2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|2 stalks celery chopped|
|1 tbs fresh parsley|
|1 tbs fresh thyme|
|1 tbs fresh basil|
|1 tbs apple cider or red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp dried dill|
|2 tsp paprika for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- In a large pot cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender. About 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. Add cold water to the pot to allow the potatoes to cool.
- Once cool, cut potatoes into cubes.
- Place cubed potatoes in a large bowl and toss gently with pickle, scallions, celery, herbs, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over potatoes. Mix gently to coat well.
- Sprinkle paprika over top and serve.