Grilled Halibut with Fruit Salsa
|3 lbs halibut steaks|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup pineapple cut into 1/4 inch chunks|
|3/4 cup mango cut into 1/4 inch chunks|
|2/3 cup red bell pepper cut into 1/4 inches pieces|
|1/2 cup tomato, diced|
|1/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|1/3 cup red onion, diced|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|2 tbs jalapeno pepper, chopped|
|2 tbs lime juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- To make the salsa combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill using medium high heat.
- Brush halibut steaks on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish until it flakes easily with a fork. About 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Serve topped with the salsa.