Home Style Corned Beef Hash
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of corned beef
- 3/4 lbs of red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp thyme
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Add whole potatoes to a large pan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and add cold water to pan to cool potatoes.
- Once potatoes are cool cut them into 1 inch skin on pieces.
- Meanwhile add oil to a large saute pan. Using medium heat add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Cut the corned beef into 1 inch pieces and add to the pan.
- Gently mix well.
- Add the green pepper, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and saute for another 5 minutes.