Honey Oatmeal Bread
|1 cup regular oats|
|2 cups boiling water|
|2 tbs yeast|
|1/3 cup warm water|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup honey|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|2 cups whole wheat flour|
|2/ 2 and 1/2 cups ap flour|
- Place oats in a large bowl. Add boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yeast with warm water.
- Once the yeast mixture gets bubbly add to the oats and stir to combine.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, honey and oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the wheat flour and 2 cups of white flour and mix. Add more flour if neccessaryh to get the dough to a nice consistency.
- Knead for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover loosely and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Shape the dough into two loaves.
- Put the dough into 2 (9×5) inch loaf pans.
- cover and let rise another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- The bread should sound hollow when tapped with your fingers.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Makes 2 loaves.