Italian Sausage with Shrimp and Pasta Shells
|6 links of sweet Italian sausage, cut into thirds|
|1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on|
|6 tbs olive oil, divided|
|2 tbs chopped garlic|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded|
|1 lb medium pasta shells, cooked and drained|
|4 tbs pine nuts, toatsted|
|Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large saute pan cook the sausage in 2 tbs olive oil over medium heat until well browned.
- Remove the sausage and reserve on a warm plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan, and saute for several minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry shrimp until they turn pink and almost cooked through. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add wine and chicken broth.
- Return the pan to the heat and boil until almost dry and the shrimp is cooked thru.
- Add the reserved sausage with it’s juices, basil and cooked pasta.
- Toss all ingredients together and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the remaining 4 tbs of olive oil.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted pine nuts and grated Parmesan.