Marinated Crab Salad
- 1 lb of lump crab meat
- 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 cups red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- Butter lettuce cups for serving
This is a delicious crab salad that is marinated for at least 24 hours before eating.
- Get an 8 cup resuable container with a tight fighting lid.
- Add the crab meat to a bowl and gently mix well.
- Season the crab meat with salt, pepper and paprika. Toss gently to well coat.
- Layer the salad in the container with one third of the onion, half of the crab meat, half of the parsley, a third of the onion, the other half of the crab meat, the remaining onion and the remaining parsley.
- Pour the oil and both vinegars evenly over the salad.
- Cover the container and place it inside the refrigerator.
- Turn the container over every 2 hours or so for 24 to 48 hours.
- Serve salad in butter lettuce cups.